Dr. Angeliki Papalou
Telephone: 2610 369059
Dr. Angeliki Papalou received the Diploma in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras (1986), the MSc in Civil Engineering from the University of Southern California (1990) and Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from the University of Southern California (1993). She is working as an associate professor in the Civil Engineering Department of the of the University of the Peloponnese, specializing in the Statics and Seismic Protection of Buildings with emphasis in the Structural Control of Structures (2019-today), where she serves as the Dean of School of Engineering.
She worked as an associate professor in the Civil Engineering Department of the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece (2016-2019), as an assistant professor in the Civil Engineering Department of the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece (2013-2016), as an assistant professor in the Department of Renovation and Restoration of Buildings of the Technological Educational Institute of Patras (2005-2013) where she also served as Head of the Department (2008-2010), as an assistant professor in the Engineering Department of Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pennsylvania (2001-2005), as lecturer in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department of Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1997-2001), as research associate in the Computational Mechanics Laboratory, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1995-1997) and as a structural engineer in the Nabih Youssef and Associates, Los Angeles, California (1993-1994).
She is the author of a significant number of scientific articles in international journals and scientific conferences, one book and a chapter of a book. She was the principal investigator of a funded research project and member of research groups for five other funded research projects. She is reviewer for more than twenty international scientific journals and member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ACSE), the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE) and the American Mechanics Institute.
Her research interests are focused in the seismic protection of structures, structural control and health monitoring, in the seismic protection and restoration of historic structures and in the analysis and design of structures.
- Baros D.K., Papalou A. (2019). “Parametric Analysis of the Dynamic Response of Multi-Drum Columns”, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, org/10.1080/13632469.2019.1657986.
- Papalou A., Baros D.K. (2019). “Assessing Structural Damage after a Severe Wildfire: A Case Study”, Buildings, 9(7), 171, doi:10.3390/buildings9070171.
- Lu Z., Zhou Y., Yang T., Papalou A. (2019). “Special Issue: Resilience and Sustainability of Civil Infrastructures under Extreme Loads”, Sustainability, Vol. 11, 3292, doi:10.3390/su11123292.
- Lu Z., Zhou Y., Yang T., Papalou A. (2018). “Special Issue: Development and Application of Nonlinear Dissipative Device in Structural Vibration Control”, Applied Sciences, Vol. 8(6), 857.
- Papalou A. (2016). “Examining the Dynamic Response of Classical Columns”, International Journal of Civil Engineering, DOI 10.1007/s40999-016-0110-6.
- Papalou A., Strepelias E., Roubien D., Bousias S. and Triantafillou T. (2015). “Seismic Protection of Monuments Using Particle Dampers in Multi-Drum Columns”, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 77, 360-368.
- Papalou A. and Strepelias E., (2015). “Effectiveness of Particle Dampers in Reducing the Monuments’ Response under Dynamic Loads”, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, 23(2), 128-135.
- Stavroulaki M. E. and Papalou A., (2014). “Parametric Analysis of Multi-Leaf Masonry Walls”, International Journal of Conservation Science, Vol. 5(4), 435-446.
- Papalou A., Bielak J., Bazan E., (2012). “Effects of Isolated Spread Footings on the Dynamics of Soil-Structure Interaction”, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenviromental Engineering, 1033-1036.
- Papalou A. and T. C. Triantafillou, (2011). Analytical and Experimental Study of Strengthening of RC Members Using Mechanically Fastened FRP-Systems, Composite Letters, Vol. 20(1), 5-10.
- Papalou A. and J. Bielak, (2004). Nonlinear Seismic Response of Earth Dams with Canyon Interaction, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 130, 103–110.
- Papalou A. and S. F. Masri, (1998). An Experimental Investigation of Particle Dampers under Harmonic Excitation, Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 4, 361-379.
Statics (Lectures – 1st Semester)
Applied Statics (3rd Semester)
Reinforced Concrete (Lectures – 4th Semester)
Steel Structures (4th Semester)
Seismic Protection of Buildings (5th Semester)
Design and Study of Concrete Infrastructure Works (6th Semester)
Special Topics in Repair and Strengthening of Buildings (7th Semester)